dr. sc. Randy Richards
Dr. sc. Richards je stekao doktorat na Sveučilištu Iowe iz filozofije 1996. godine, te je ostvario uglednu poslovnu i akademsku karijeru u Managementu ljudskih potencijala. Trenutno je jedan od Direktora programa Magisterij Organizacijskog vodstva Sveučilišta St. Ambrose u Davenport, Iowi, gdje i predaje. Dr. sc. Richards na Zagrebačkoj školi ekonomije i managementa predaje kolegij Management promjena i ljudski potencijali na MBA programu.
Dr. sc. Richards je gostujući predavač na Sveučilište Vilnius u Litvi, te je bio gostujući profesor na Tehničko sveučilište Kaiserslautern u Njemačkoj. Uz akademsku karijeru, Dr. sc. Richards ujedno održava radionice za HR managere diljem svijeta, u kojima dijeli svoje bogato iskustvo iz gotovo 20 godina duge managerske karijere.
Dr. sc. Richards je objavio i niz znanstvenih radova, članaka i konferencijskih prezentacija, kao i kazališnih predstava. Njegova područja interesa uključuju obrazovanje i razvoj odraslih osoba, upravljanje konfliktima, organizacijsko ponašanje s naglaskom na vodstvo i grupne interakcije, te poslovna etika.
- “Performance, Achievement and Motivation at Work”, Profit Magazine, Belgrade, Serbia, February 2010, pp.126-127
- Use of Credit Scores by the Insurance Industry: Iowa Consumers’ Perspective, by Richards, Quinlan, O’Leary. A consumer survey of 1200 Iowan’s undertaken for the State of Iowa Insurance Commissioner’s Office. December 2009
- Nacela eticnosti u upravljanju ljudskim potencijalima (published in Croatian, “Principles of Ethicality in Human Resource Management”), Randy Richards Ivona Škreblin Kirbiš, Mirna Korican, Obnovljeni život, Vol. 64. No. 4, December 2009
- “Filming in the Back of the Yards neighborhood of the The Jungle wedding reception” article for Lithuanian Heritage Magazine, Nov/Dec 2008
- “In Search of the Bride’s Roots from The Jungle,” article on historical investigations on the ground in Lithuania,Lithuania Heritage Magazine, Nov/Dec 2007
- “In Search of the Groom’s Roots from The Jungle,” article on historical investigations on the ground in Lithuania,Lithuania Heritage Magazine, Sept/Oct 2007
- Formed a corporate partnership with Giedrius Subacius and Rise Sanders GRR Productions to write and produce a national documentary film on the writing of The Jungle. Summer 2006
- Diary of the 2000 Trip To Lithuania with 2005 commentary and updates published on Giedrius Subacius, Professor of Baltic Languages, University of Illinois Chicago webpage as a class e-book reading assignment. Spring 2006
- Diary of the 2000 Trip To Lithuania, published on Giedrius Subacius, Professor of Baltic Languages, University of Illinois Chicago webpage as a class e-book reading assignment, Fall 2005
- Played role of Cardinal Wolsey in University production of A Man for All Seasons, April 10-13, 2003.
- “Management Skills: Behavioral Styles in Managing Conflict”, HR Advisor, City of Austin, Texas, April 2002, pp. 3-6. Article used my behavioral styles conflict assessment tool and explanation.
- Performance of my play, Sylvan Slough, March 21-23, 2002, Studio Theater, Galvin Fine Arts Center, Davenport Iowa
- Introduction to Viatical Settlements, a self-contained web-based Insurance Continuing Education Course, April, 2001.
- “Commission, clients and conflicts”, The Mirror, February 2001
- “The Ethics of Listening”, The Mirror, August 2000
- “The Ethics of Business by the Numbers”, The Mirror, June 2000
- “E-commerce and ethics”, The Mirror, Feb 2000
- “E-Commerce and Insurance Ethics in the Next Century”, The Mirror, Dec 1999
- “The Road Ahead”,The Mirror, October 1999
- “Loyalty and work”, The Mirror, June 1999
- “The Ring of Gyges: What happens to ethics when there is no fear of punishment?”, The Mirror, April 1999
- “Holland’s Hiker Cabin”, Adventure Cyclist, January/February 1998, p.9
- , March 1997, http://condor.depaul.edu/ethics This is a professional refereed journal.
- Published An End to Deceptive Insurance Sales Practices a new insurance education workbook approved for use in Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska by their respective state insurance departments, July 1996
- Appointed as a referee for The Journal of Philosophical Research, May 1996.
- Ethics for the Professional Insurance Agent, A manual and workbook for licensed insurance agents, approved for continuing education credit by the state insurance commissions in Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska.