Application process

Here you have two important documents that you need to fill out and use to apply to Zagreb School of Economics and Management as an exchange student:

  • Info-sheet: Where you can find all the dates, deadlines, contact information that you will need.

For Fall semester (Sep-Jan), the deadline is in mid-May.
For Spring semester (Feb-Jun), the deadline is in mid-October.

  • The application form must be typed (not handwritten) and be signed by you and by your coordinator/university.

Additional Documents to Submit to ZSEM International Office

  • A photocopy of your passport (it should be valid until the end of your exchange) or a valid ID if you are a member of the European Union.
  • An International Health insurance card valid in Croatia (a private one or, if you are from the EU, at least EU Health card).
  • A recent Transcript of Record from your institution.
  • Motivation letter
  • Curriculum vitae (CV)
  • Bring three ID photographs (passport size) and for those who need to email documents please send a scanned version of one photo by e-mail with the other documents.

Please, send the documents by e-mail to [email protected]

Also, keep in mind the visa requirement for Croatia.


  • Learning Agreement that you will use to register the courses you want to attend (signed by the three parties: yourself, your faculty/coordinator and the international office at ZSEM).
  • You will be contacted by the end of April with the schedule and the list of courses offered for the following semester. Please, don’t fill out the Learning Agreement until then.


  • The International Office of your home university should nominate you: Name, Surname, the semester of exchange, e-mail, undergraduate/graduate level.
  • We are going to contact you one month after the deadline to submit the application. We will guide you through our offer of courses, provide you the syllabi you need for making your choice (and for your academic advisor to sign the Learning Agreement), answer some other questions you may have etc.
  • Send us all the required documentation by e-mail. You will receive a confirmation by e-mail once the documents have been received.
  • After we receive and check all the required documentation, we will prepare your Letter of Acceptance and send it by e-mail to you and to your coordinator before June/November 15 respectively. (In case you need a Visa/Residence permit or you required a hard copy, mention it and we will send the Letter of Acceptance the as soon we can).
  • If you are from the European Union, send all the documentation by post (hard copies).
  • If you are not from the European Union an electronic version (e-mail) is sufficient.
  • We will be in touch until we see each other on Orientation Day! (Your first day at ZSEM).

Required documents


Students are required to check whether their nationalities require a Visa in order to come to Croatia. They can check that information here. If they do, students must contact the nearest Croatian Embassy or Consulate to obtain the information on the application process for Temporary Stay Permit. In that case, this process must start and be finished before coming to Croatia. The process usually takes a couple of months or more. ZSEM will support the application by issuing necessary documents, such as the acceptance letter, but the responsibility for obtaining the Temporary Stay Permit is on each student individually.

If their nationality doesn’t imply having a Visa, they can start the process of obtaining the Temporary Stay Permit in Croatia as soon as they arrive, at the Ministry of the Interior (address: Petrinjska ulica 30). This process has to be started within 15 days of students’ arrival. We will demand the confirmation of the started process otherwise student won’t be able to attend classes.

This means if you are of a nationality that does not require a visa to enter Croatia then you can wait to get a temporary stay permit once you are in Croatia.

For nationalities that do require a visa to enter Croatia, you will need to apply for your temporary stay permit before you come to Croatia.

The difference between each process is that for students with nationalities that do not require a visa to enter into the country are permitted to wait to do their temporary stay permit once they are in the country. For students with nationalities that require a visa to enter the country, they will need to obtain their temporary stay permit before they enter into Croatia.

Look here to see if your country is eligible.

At the Ministry of Interior, students will have to bring the following documents:

  1. Fill out the Temporary Stay Permit form which you can download here
  2. Letter of Acceptance (as a proof of the dates of your stay – we will prepare also one copy in Croatian for the Embassy or Ministry)
  3. For students who receive any kind of financial support (including Erasmus), the letter which confirms that student is entitled to the support and the exact amount of the support
  4. Travel insurance
  5. Copy of a passport
  6. The proof from the bank that student has enough funds to cover his/her stay (i.e. at least 1000 HRK per month – approximately 135 EUR)
  7. 1 photo in color of a student
  8. 20 HRK (approximately 3 EUR) for stamp fees
  9. It is almost 500 HRK (approximately 70 EUR) for the Temporary Stay Permit for the students that aren’t coming from EU countries (for the students coming from EU countries, the fee is waived)
  10. 240 HRK (approximately 32 EUR) for all students to make the residence card

If you need assistance or translation of a court interpreter for English, Italian or Croatian, you can contact this number: +385 91 508 0039 or send an e-mail to   or

The health and safety of international students and scholars at ZSEM is our primary concern.  Not only does ZSEM academic rigor cause stress, but a new, unfamiliar environment can compound the pressure that you may already be experiencing.

International Insurance

It is quite important to engage an International health insurance that covers any eventual situation during the coming and returning travel and the staying in Croatia valid for the period of staying. If you want to engage your insurance with an agent located in Croatia you can contact:

KVARNER Vienna Insurance Group

Ms. Marija Bilogrevic
Slovenska 24
HR- 10000 Zagreb
Mobile: + 385 98 942 4521
Tel: + 385 91 159 3868
E-mail: [email protected]

What students say about ZSEM?

Kenyu Kunii

I’m having a great time, thanks to other exchange students, professors, and workers at ZSEM. I can’t thank them enough. I am sure this experience will help me in the future. Thanks again!

Sid Eshuis

I like best that it's a small school and also the teaching style - during lectures and seminars we work on real case studies. There's not too much theory and everything is very practice oriented, which is very different from my university back home.

U 5% najboljih poslovnih škola u svijetu

Najbolja poslovna škola u Hrvatskoj

ZŠEM postao centrom izvrsnosti u edukaciji HR specijalista