Kristina Šorić, PhD
Kristina Šorić completed her PhD at the Department of Theoretical and Applied Mathematics at the University of Padua, Italy, while she earned her Master’s degree at the Economic Faculty of the University of Zagreb. She completed her undergraduate education at the Mathematics Department, Faculty of Science of the University of Zagreb, as part of the Mathematical Computing and Statistics program-
From 1990 until 2012, she was a member of the Faculty of Economics at the University of Zagreb as part of the Mathematics Department with the teaching position of Associate Professor. In 2012 she joined the Zagreb School of Economics and Management as a Professor in the Management Department.
Her areas of scientific and research interest include operational research with an emphasis on special combinational optimization, heuristics and metaheuristics for mixed integer programming, special problems of scheduling in manufacturing, as well as methods of supply chain management.
She has lead two scientific projects that were financed by the Ministry of Science, Education, and Sport of the Republic of Croatia. From 2000 to 2004, she served as the president of the Croatian Society for Operational Research, while she is currently the head of the Engineering Section of the Croatian Mathematical Society.
She has published scientific works in many prestigious international journals in the area of operational research and optimization, and she has resided at many different institutions around the world as a guest lecturer (University of Udine, Italy; Departamento de Engenharia e Gestao, Instituto Superior Tecnico, Lisabon, Portugal; Information and Operations Management Department, Marshall School of Business, Los Angeles, United States).
- K.Šorić, ‘Analysis of Some Class of Scheduling Policies’, Research Report, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Udine, Italija, 1993
- K.Šorić, ‘ Some Precedence Relations in Single Machine Sequencing Problem’, Zbornik radova 6. Konferencije iz operacijskih istraživanja, Rovinj, 1-3.10.1996, str. 159-164.
- K.Šorić, “The CLWS Heuristic for Single Machine Sequencing Problem”, Zbornik radova 4. Konferencije iz operacijskih istraživanja, Predvor, Slovenija, 1-3.10.1997.
- K.Šorić, ‘ Some Precedence Relations in Single Machine Sequencing Problem’, Computers, Information and Technology, 1997, Vol. 5, No. 4, str. 231-238
- K.Šorić, ‘ The CLWS Heuristic for Single Machine Scheduling Problem’, European Journal of Operational Research, 2000, Vol. 120, No. 2, str. 352-358
- K.Šorić, ‘A Cutting Plane Algorithm for Single Machine Scheduling Problem’, European Journal of Operational Research, 2000, Vol. 127, No. 2, str. 383-393
- K.Šorić, “One Machine Scheduling Problems: Review and Recent Results”, Zbornik radova 6. Konferencije iz operacijskih istraživanja, Predvor, Slovenija, 26-28.9.2001, str. 7 – 12
- K. Šorić, V. Vojvodić Rosenzweig, “Comparing Heuristics for Lot Sizing Problem with Equipment Replacement”, Zbornik radova 9th International Conference on Operational Research, KOI 2002, Trogir, 2-4.10. 2002, str. 93-99
- K. Šorić, V. Vojvodić Rosenzweig, Z. Drmač, “SGP Heuristics for One Machine Scheduling Problem” , Zbornik 7th International Symposium on Operations Research in Slovenia SOR 2003, Podčetrtek, Slovenija, 24-26.9. 2003.
- Z. Lukač, K. Šorić, V. Vojvodić Rosenzweig, ‘One heuristics for production planning problem with sequence dependent set ups’, e-proceedins, IESM 2005, 16-19.5.2005., Marrakesh, Maroko
- Z. Lukač, K. Šorić, V. Vojvodić Rosenzweig, ‘Production planning problem with sequence dependent setups’, Zbornik 10 the International Conference on Operational Research, KOI 2004, Trogir, 22.-24.9.2004., str. 25-33
- K. Šorić, ‘Survey of one machine scheduling problems’, Selected Decision Support Models for Production and Public Policy Problems, (editors: L. Z. Stirn, M.I. Štemberger, L. Ferbar, S. Drobne), str. 165-184.
- Z. Lukač, K. Šorić, V. Vojvodić Rosenzweig, ‘LTO Heuristics for Capacitated Lot Sizing Problem with Sequence Dependent Setups and Overtimes’, Zbornik 8th International Symposium on Operations Research in Slovenia SOR 2005, Nova Gorica, 28-30.9.2005., str. 377-382
- Z. Lukač, K. Šorić, V. Vojvodić Rosenzweig, “Production Planning Problem with Sequence Dependent Setups as a Bilevel Programming Problem”, European Journal of Operational Research, 187 (2008), 3; 1504-1512
- Pongrac, Darko; Šorić, Kristina; Vojvodić Rosenzweig, Višnja. Matematički model i programska podrška za odreñivanje vrijednosti granične obvezne pričuve kao instrumenta monetarne politike, Financijska teorija i praksa. 31 (2008), 3; 245-275
- Vlah, Silvija; Šorić, Kristina; Vojvodić Rosenzweig, Višnja; Tipurić, Darko. Decision Support System for Evaluating Takeover Bids in Privatization, International Conference Contemporary Challenges of Theory and Practice in Economics 2007, Babić, Stojan ; Cerović, Božidar ; Jakšić, Miomir ; Praščević, Aleksandra (ur.). Beograd, Srbija : Faculty of Economics Belgrade – Publishing Centre, 2007. 401-407
- Vlah, Silvija; Šorić, Kristina; Vojvodić Rosenzweig, Višnja. New version of decision support system for evaluating takeover bids in privatization of the public enterprises and services, 9th Middle Eastern Simulation Multiconference MESM 2008, Marwan Al-Akaidi (ur.). Ghent, Belgija : EUROSIS-ETI Publication, 2008. 74-78
- Šarlija, Nataša; Šorić, Kristina; Vlah, Silvija; Vojvodić Rosenzweig, Višnja. Logistic Regression and Multicriteria Decision Making in Credit Scoring, Proceedings of the 10th International Symposium on Operational Research SOR ’09, Zadnik Stirn, Lidija ; Žerovnik, Janez ; Drobne, Samo ; Lisec, Anka (ur.). Ljubljana, Slovenija : Slovenian Society Informatika, Section for Operational Research, 2009. 175-184
- Vlah Jerić S., Šorić K., (2011.), „Single Criterion Supply Chain Management in Olive Oil Industry“, Croatian Operational Research Review, Vol. 1, str. 138. – 147.
- G. Badurina, K. Soric, Z. Babic, Metaheuristics for optimizing safety stock in multi stage inventory system, Croatian Operational Research Review (accepted for publication), 2012